The advent of peripheral quantitative computed tomography (pQCT), a three-dimensional measurement technique, has revealed that BMD loss differs at trabecular bone sites of the distal and proximal epiphyses  and that bone loss at diaphyseal sites occurs as a result of cortical wall thinning, not by decline of BMD [13,20].
What does pQCT stand for?
pQCT stands for Peripheral Quantitative Computed Tomography (bone density test measuring the wrist)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of pQCT
We have 2 other meanings of pQCT in our Acronym Attic
- Production Quality Compiler-Compiler (Carnegie Mellon University; Pittsburgh, PA)
- Post Qualifying Child Care Award (UK)
- Perturbative Quantum Chromo-Dynamics
- Production, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, Morale
- Paper Questionnaire Completed by the Interviewer (Canada)
- Piezoelectric Quartz Crystal Impedance
- Proportional Queue Control Mechanism
- Peer Quality Case Review
- Post-Quantum Cryptography (workshop)
- Plate Quality Control System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Peripheral quantitative computed tomography (pQCT) allows the noninvasive evaluation of bone strength parameters of long bones .
Nasdaq NM Symbol: NRLD) announced today its has entered into an agreement with Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE: LLY) to apply Norland's peripheral Quantitative Computed Tomography technology (pQCT(TM)) to research of therapies against osteoporosis and other bone diseases.