Neuroblastoma, a cancer of the peripheral nervous system, usually appears as a solid tumor in the chest or abdomen.
What does PNS stand for?
PNS stands for Peripheral Nervous System
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PNS
We have 181 other meanings of PNS in our Acronym Attic
- Parabolized Navier Stokes
- Parenteral Nutrition Solution
- Pay n Spray (gaming, Grand Theft Auto)
- Pediatric Nurse Specialist
- Pegawai Negeri Sipil (Indonesian: civil servant)
- Pensacola, FL, USA (Airport Code)
- People's Navy Ship (Honor Harrington science fiction novels)
- Perbadanan Nasional Berhad (Malaysia)
- Perfect North Slopes
- Perfect Nutrition Systems (South Africa)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But they can activate "pain-sensing" cells in the peripheral nervous system, leading to post-operative discomfort.
Sections cover basic science for clinical neuroimmunology, inflammatory demyelination in the central nervous system, autoimmune diseases of the peripheral nervous system and the muscle, and disorders of the central and peripheral nervous systems related to known or assumed immune system abnormalities.
This system is called the peripheral nervous system.
Doctors suspect MacCulloch has CIDP, a condition of the peripheral nervous system, the team said.
The discovery of the cold receptor "gives a boost to our hypothesis that molecules of this family are the primary sensors of thermal stimuli in the peripheral nervous system," says Julius.
Another of the leads is a tachykinin splice variant that exhibits a specific activity in the peripheral nervous system.
One promising prospect is Schwann cells, myelin-making cells from the peripheral nervous system (the network of nerves outside the brain and spinal cord).