The Phase II trial is designed as a proof-of- biology study to determine the effectiveness of VTP-195183 in combination with Granulocyte Colony Stimulating Factor (G-CSF) to enhance mobilization of peripheral blood progenitor cells in patients for whom high-dose chemotherapy is planned.
What does PBPC stand for?
PBPC stands for Peripheral Blood Progenitor Cell
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PBPC
We have 6 other meanings of PBPC in our Acronym Attic
- Permian Basin Petroleum Association (Midland, TX)
- Pharmaceutical Benefits Pricing Authority (Department of Health and Ageing; Australia)
- Poway Business Park Association (San Diego, CA)
- Point Breeze Performing Arts Center (Philadelphia, PA)
- Performance Based Program Budgeting
- Prevent Blindness in Premature Babies (Vineland, NJ)
- Place Backup in Plain Brown Paper Bag, Please (humor)
- Palm Beach Photographic Centre (Delray Beach, FL)
- Pennsylvania Budget and Policy Center (Harrisburg, PA)
- Pneumatic Back-Up Pressure Control
- Pseudo-Random Binary Phased-Code
- Peripheral Blood Progenitor Cell Collection
- Peripheral Blood Progenitor Cell Rescue (cancer treatment)
- Peripheral Blood Progenitor Cell Transplantation
- Palm Bay Police Department (Florida)
- Performance-Based Practical Design (transportation)
- Perkembangan Belajar Peserta Didik (Indonesian: Development Learning Educate Participants)
- Physiologically Based Pharmacodynamic (pharmacology)
- Pine Bluff Police Department (Arkansas)
Samples in periodicals archive:
One of the treatments for Ramnarine was a peripheral blood progenitor cell transfusion that involved harvesting healthy blood and marrow and reintroducing it into her body to replace cells destroyed during therapy.
Regenetech announced in October last year that it had achieved an average 60-fold increase of CD34+38- peripheral blood progenitor cells (adult stem cells) in as few as 6 days using its Intrifuge[TM] cellXpansion[TM] system and the Company continues to research ways to further expedite the process.
Neupogen is indicated for use in cancer patients receiving myelosuppressive chemotherapy, patients with acute myeloid leukemia receiving induction or consolidation chemotherapy, cancer patients receiving bone marrow transplant, patients undergoing peripheral blood progenitor cell collection and therapy and patients with severe chronic neutropenia.
NYSE: RPR) announced today at the 23rd Annual European Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) Meeting that the European Commission has granted a marketing authorization for Granocyte(R) (lenograstim) for use in peripheral blood progenitor cell (PBPC) mobilization for autologous transplantation.
Neulasta has not been studied in peripheral blood progenitor cell mobilization and should not be used in this setting.
Leukine is used for bone marrow and peripheral blood progenitor cell transplantations, and the exclusive indication for the treatment of chemotherapy-induced neutropenia in older adult patients with acute myelogenous leukemia.
In the United States, the Isolex(R) 300i System is a restricted device indicated for processing autologous peripheral blood progenitor cell products to obtain a CD34+ cell enriched population intended for hematopoietic reconstitution after myeloablative therapy in patients with CD34- tumors.