Individuals in the upper tertile of BPA exposure had 65% higher mean ESR2 expression in peripheral blood leukocytes than did those in the lower tertile.
What does PBL stand for?
PBL stands for Peripheral Blood Leukocyte
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PBL
We have 252 other meanings of PBL in our Acronym Attic
- Pollock Begg Komar Glasser LLC (law firm; Pittsburgh, PA)
- Pakistan Brick Kiln Labour Union
- Pacific Brands Ltd. (Australia)
- Panacea Biotec Ltd. (India)
- Patrol Boat Light (US Navy)
- Pay by the Load (transportation)
- Peanut Butter Legs
- Per Beneficiary Limit
- Performance Based Logistics
- Performance-Based Leadership
- Peripheral Blood Lymphocyte (blood cells)
- Persons, Behle and Latimer (law firm)
- Phi Beta Lambda
- Philadelphia Belt Line Railroad
- Philippine Basketball League
- Phrase-Based Language (speech synthesis development tool)
- Planbureau voor de Leefomgeving (Dutch: Planning for the Environment; Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency)
- Planetary Boundary Layer
- Plastic Barrier Layer (soft goods packaging)
- Points Behind Leader (hockey)
Samples in periodicals archive:
7 years), blood draws were taken to determine telomere length in peripheral blood leukocytes (PBL) using realtime PCR and a record was taken of risk factors likely to be associated with skin cancer.
[FIGURE 2 OMITTED] PERIPHERAL BLOOD LEUKOCYTE AND LYMPHOCYTE SUBSET CONCENTRATIONS Leukocyte and lymphocyte subset cell counts were monitored in parallel with CN activity.
The secondary objective of the study is to evaluate the effect of GCS-100 on peripheral blood leukocyte counts, which are aberrantly elevated in CLL patients.
Owens and Zehntner used a second generation antisense oligonucleotide against mouse XIAP, to reduce elevated XIAP protein levels in peripheral blood leukocytes.
Current assays to detect the CNN pp65 antigen in peripheral blood leukocytes or CMV DNA by qualitative PCR of leukocytes or plasma can be slow and tedious (1-3).
In humans, the highest sites of NRAMP1 expression are peripheral blood leukocytes and lungs (56).
Unfortunately, only a fraction of patients respond to the current anti-viral therapy and, perhaps more disturbingly, patients thought to have cleared the virus are frequently found to harbor detectable levels of viral message within a new extrahepatic cellular compartment, the peripheral blood leukocytes.