Now the Electrical Safety Council (ESC) says that if an electrical report - known as a Periodic Inspection Report (PIR) - had been carried out, the faults could have been rectified and prevented Mrs Whittall's death.
What does PIR stand for?
PIR stands for Periodic Inspection Report (electrical report; UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PIR
We have 188 other meanings of PIR in our Acronym Attic
- Partners in Reading (education)
- Partners in Rhyme (music)
- Pass In Review (military)
- Passive Infrared
- Patient Information Reconciliation (medical workflow)
- Payment Information Repository (US Department of the Treasury)
- Peak Information Rate (frame relay)
- Pediatrics in Review (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- Perception Is Reality
- Perhentian Island Resort (Malaysia)
- Periodic Intelligence Review
- Permanent Impairment Rate (worker's compensation)
- Perpetual Inventory Record
- Personnel Information Roster
- Philadelphia International Records (record label; est. 1971)
- Philippine Independence Ribbon
- Phillips Investment Resources
- Phoenix International Raceway
- Photo Interpretation Report
- Photon Irradiance Response
Samples in periodicals archive:
NICEIC Group has appointed specialist software developer Clik Ltd to create a software tool to enable electricians to complete BS7671 electrical installation certificates and periodic inspection reports on their computers, rather than by hand.
For example, the carrying out of periodic inspection reports every one to five years, the testing of all portable appliances, and an inspection of fire alarms every quarter.