13) CHER commenced in July 2005 in two South African sites, the Perinatal HIV Research Unit (PHRU) in Soweto and the Children's Infectious Diseases Clinical Research Unit (KID-CRU) at Tygerberg in the Western Cape.
What does PHRU stand for?
PHRU stands for Perinatal HIV Research Unit (est. 1996; South Africa)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PHRU
- Public Housing Residents of the Lower East Side (housing organization; New York, NY)
- Partnership for Human Research Protection
- Peace Building Heating and Reconciliation Program
- Pentland Hills Regional Park (Edinburgh, Scotland, UK)
- Platinum Horizon RolePlay
- Pressure/Heart Rate Product (cardiology)
- Protecting Human Research Participants (US NIH tutorial)
- Pokemon Habbo Role Playing Game
- Philadelphia Human Resource Planning Society (Pennsylvania)
- Public Health Regional Surveillance Team
- Pig Health and Research Unit (Victoria, Australia)
- Police Human Resources Unit (UK)
- Population Health Research Unit (Dalhousie University; Canada)
- Public Health Resource Unit (UK)
- Paris Hotels Roissy Vaugirard (French holding company)
- Alan C Pope High School (Marietta, Georgia)
- Pacific Highway South (Seattle, Washington)
- Pacifica High School (California)
- PacifiCare Health Systems, Inc.
- Packaging, Handling, and Storage
Samples in periodicals archive:
Professor Glenda Gray, head of the perinatal HIV Research Unit at Witwatersrand University, said the efficacy of the combination prime-boost vaccine paved the way for future designs--'it's exciting because it means that a vaccine is attainable'.
The band has donated their proceeds from the downloads of the single, originally released last November in honor of World AIDS Day, to the Perinatal HIV Research Unit at Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital in Soweto, South Africa.
Researchers from the University of California--San Francisco, Ibis Reproductive Health, the University of Zimbabwe, the Medical Research Council of South Africa and the Perinatal HIV Research Unit of South Africa are studying the diaphragm's effectiveness in reducing transmission of HIV and other STIs, as well as its long-term acceptability, safety and feasibility of use with lubricant gels.
The trial will be conducted in three sites in South Africa: Perinatal HIV Research Unit, Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital in Soweto with Dr.
As a result, a unique collaboration was established between an ethics and law research unit, (the HIV/AIDS Vaccines Ethics Group--HAVEG); members of the UCT REC, and researchers at the Desmond Tutu HIV Centre, Cape Town, and the Perinatal HIV Research Unit, Soweto.
one of study's lead investigators, along with Glenda Gray, MBBCH, FCPaeds (SA), of the Perinatal HIV Research Unit, University of the Witwatersrand, based at the Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital in Soweto.
London/Bertsham: Reproductive Health Alliance and Perinatal HIV Research Unit, University of the Witwatersrand, Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital, 2001.