The Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization System (PARCS) is a similar radar located at Cavalier Air Force Station, North Dakota.
What does PARCS stand for?
PARCS stands for Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PARCS
We have 7 other meanings of PARCS in our Acronym Attic
- Parallel Computing (Conference)
- Portland Advanced Research Company (Portland, OR)
- Professional Arson Cooperative of Florida
- Public Administration Reform Coordinator's Office (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
- Pan Afrikan Reparations Coalition of Europe
- Peacetime Airborne Reconnaissance Program
- Parallel Computing Solution of the Simulation of Waste Disposal Problems
- Partial Correlation
- Paleoenvironmental Arctic Science (US NOAA)
- Parking and Revenue Control System
- Portable Autonomous Report Collection System (radar)
- Primary Atomic Reference Clock in Space
- Provincial Association of Resort Communities of Saskatchewan (Canada)
- Purdue Advanced Reactor Core Simulator
- Parks and Recreations Department
- Parts Application Reliability Data
- People's Association for Rural Development (India)
- Periodic and Random Deviation (specifies ripple and noise content of a voltage)
- Pilot Airborne Recovery Device
- Postaccident Radioactivity Depletion
Samples in periodicals archive:
For instance, BAE Systems provides operations and maintenance for Air Force assets such as the Solid State Phased Array Radar System (SSPARS), the Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization System (PARCS), and the Ground-Based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance System (GEODSS) in support of missile warning and space surveillance missions.
The contract is a five-year requirements contract to supply all TWTs used in the AN/FPQ-16 Perimeter Acquisition Radar Attack Characterization System (PARCS) and the AN/FPS-108 Cobra Dane Radar system.