In most cases a needle stick does no harm to the fetus--recall that cordocentesis or percutaneous umbilical blood sampling is the intentional insertion of a needle directly into the fetal umbilical cord.
What does PUBS stand for?
PUBS stands for Percutaneous Umbilical Blood Sampling
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PUBS
We have 5 other meanings of PUBS in our Acronym Attic
- Polymerized Ultrapurified Bovine Hemoglobin
- Public Information
- Pilsner Urquell Blues Jamboree (Hungary)
- Public Law (IRB)
- Public Library Computer Trainers
- Public Symbol (assembly language directive)
- Concerted Action for Public Libraries in Europe
- Publicacions Matemàtiques
- Public/Publisher MEDLINE (NLM journal articles database)
- Pickers up Beaters & Shoots (UK)
- Portland United Bills Supporters (football fan club)
- Prairie Universities Biological Symposium (annual; Canada)
- Purple Urine Bag Syndrome (urology)
- Publications Support Assistance Team
- Pacific Union College
- Pacific Unitarian Church (California)
- Pagan Unity Campaign
- Paid Up Capital
Samples in periodicals archive:
Percutaneous umbilical blood sampling with rapid karyotyping and hematologic evaluation should be considered the standard of care in all cases.
Percutaneous umbilical blood sampling (PUBS) performed with ultrasound guidance is reliable for this, and the microvolume specimens obtained by this technique are readily analyzed by modern clinical chemistry analyzers to perform complete biochemical profiles with small blood volumes.