4,5] Despite the controversy in the management of this condition and the accepted poor prognosis, most patients receive percutaneous nephrostomy tubes (PNTs), retrograde ureteric stents or both.
What does PNT stand for?
PNT stands for Percutaneous Nephrostomy Tube (medical)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PNT
We have 70 other meanings of PNT in our Acronym Attic
- Philadelphia Naval Shipyard
- Portsmouth Naval Shipyard
- Prepare New School Year
- Pacific Northwest Trail
- Pain Neutralization Technique (trigger point therapy)
- Paint (MacPaint graphic file format)
- Partido Nacionalista Timorense (Timorese Nationalist Party, East Timor)
- Pass the Needle Through (beading crafts)
- Pentagon (Washington, DC; US DoD)
- Performance Network Theatre (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Peripheral Nerve Tumor
- Peruvian Neck Tie (martial arts technique)
- Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee
- Plate Number Trimmed (philately)
- Play N Trade (video game retailer)
- Pneumatic Trabeculoplasty (non-invasive procedure to lower intraocular pressure)
- Pontiac (Amtrak station code; Pontiac, MI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Urinothorax should be included in the differential in patients with hydronephrosis, (14) renal pathology or recent placement of a percutaneous nephrostomy tube.
His urine culture revealed a multi-drug resistant E Coli and a percutaneous nephrostomy tube was arranged after a ureteric stent insertion was unsuccessful.