10,11] In dealing with EBR, percutaneous nephrostomy has been reported as an alternative method for urinary diversion.
What does PCN stand for?
PCN stands for Percutaneous Nephrostomy
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PCN
We have 160 other meanings of PCN in our Acronym Attic
- Partido de Conciliacion Nacional (Spanish: National Conciliation Party, El Salvador)
- Parts Change Notice
- Pathways to College Network (Institute for Higher Education Policy)
- Patient Care Network
- Pavement Classification Number
- Payment Clearing Network
- Pecked Curvilinear Nucleated (archaeology)
- Penalty Charge Notice (UK parking ticket)
- Pennsylvania Cable Network
- Personal Communication Network
- Personal Computer Network
- Personnel Certification in Non-Destructive Testing
- Personnel Control Number
- Philadelphia Construction News
- Physics and Chemistry of Nanostructures
- Physics Computer Network (Purdue University; West Lafayette, IN)
- Pilipino Cultural Night
- Pimicikamak Cree Nation (Canada)
- Pitcairn Islands (ISO Country code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Researchers then determined how often they were treated with either of two techniques - retrograde ureteral catheterization, or RUC, and percutaneous nephrostomy, or PCN.
The patient had a history of nephrolithiasis and three weeks prior to presentation, had undergone a right nephrolithotomy with right ureteral stent placement and percutaneous nephrostomy.
via percutaneous nephrostomy tract, the papillary tumour could be completely removed without leaving macroscopic residuals or pelvic perforation.
To allow for upper tract drainage and to permit removal of the catheter from the bladder, a right percutaneous nephrostomy was placed.
The new drain is used in percutaneous nephrostomy drainage, a minimally invasive procedure in which a physician places this catheter through the skin in the back into the kidney to relieve pressure on the kidney from a back-up of urine.
4,5] Despite the controversy in the management of this condition and the accepted poor prognosis, most patients receive percutaneous nephrostomy tubes (PNTs), retrograde ureteric stents or both.
Percutaneous nephrostomy is a minimally invasive alternative to remove stones from the kidney.