Recent research conducted at the Pennsylvania State University showed that mushroom compost contains an average of 25 percent organic matter and 58 percent moisture on a wet volume basis.
What does POM stand for?
POM stands for Percent Organic Matter
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of POM
We have 160 other meanings of POM in our Acronym Attic
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Common Pompano (FAO fish species code)
- Department for Policy and Methodology
- Packaging Operations Management
- Parallax Occlusion Mapping (game image rendering)
- Park-O-Meter (first parking meters)
- Particulate Organic Matter
- Partner Opportunity Management (various companies)
- Passive Optical Multiplexer (St. Arnaud)
- Peace of Mind
- Perceptual Objective Measurement
- Performance Objective Matrix
- Performing Organization Management
- Persistent Object Manager (Teamcenter)
- Personnel Operations and Maintenance
- Phase of the Moon
- Physical Operational Model (information technology)
- Physics of Music (various schools)
- Pick Off Mirror
- Picture of the Moment
Samples in periodicals archive:
Brown and co-authors also want to detennine exactly why composted biosolids change the nature of lead so that it is not so readily absorbed by the body They hypothesize that biosolids, which are generally more than 50 percent organic matter often contain high concentrations of iron, as well as high levels of phosphorous and manganese.
This is a big problem in the Everglades, where much of the soil is more than 85 percent organic matter," says Glaz.