You can also monitor your intake of specific nutrients by using the Percent Daily Value (%DV) on the Nutrition Facts Label.
What does PDV stand for?
PDV stands for Percent Daily Value
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PDV
We have 67 other meanings of PDV in our Acronym Attic
- Power Distribution Units (Pentagon renovation project)
- Primary Data User Station
- Principal Deputy Under Secretary of Defense
- Principal Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness
- Pacific Datavision, Inc (Clifton, NJ)
- Packet Delay Variation
- Parametric Drive Voltage
- Parker's Dope Vision (band)
- Parliamo di Videogiochi (Italian: We Speak of Games)
- Patent Ductus Venosus
- Personal Data Vault (software)
- Personnel Decontamination Vehicle (Singapore Civil Defence Force)
- Petroleos de Venezuela (Oil company)
- Phase Doppler Velocimeter
- Phocine Distemper Virus
- Plan de Départ Volontaire (French: Voluntary Departure Plan)
- Ponto de Venda (Portuguese: Point of Sale)
- Porez Na Dodanu Vrijednost (Croatian: Value Added Tax)
- Portal-Drained Viscera
- Post, Digital and Visual Effects Production (film grant; Australia and New Zealand)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Previous research in our laboratory demonstrated that post-harvest pulsed UV light treatment of fresh mushrooms can increase the vitamin D2 content to well over 100 percent Daily Value (DV)/84g serving (equivalent to 475 IU/100g fresh weight) in under one second of exposure.
Interestingly, the percent daily value per serving of iron in the chickpea crackers was three to six times higher than in other existing products.
75-ounce juice pack contains 100 percent daily value of vitamin C.
The groups claim in the letter that many of the products, including many diet and sport bars, are "high protein," but according to their research, do not provide a percent daily value for protein.
Nutrition Facts Serving Size 2 cakes (61g) Servings Per Container 6 Amount %DV Per Serving Calories 260 Calories from Fat 110 Total Fat 12g 18% [right arrow] Saturated Fat 3g 14% Cholesterol 15mg 5% Sodium 180mg 7% Total Carbohydrate 39g 13% Dietary Fiber 1g 2% Sugars 30g Protein 1g Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 2% Iron 6% (*) Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
TOASTED OATS Nutrition Facts Serving Size 1 cup (27g) Servings Per Package: About 16 Cereal With Amount per 1 Cup 1/2 Cup serving Cereal Skim Milk Calories 100 140 Calories from Fat 15 20 % Daily Value(*) Total fat 2 g 3% 3% Saturated Fat 0 g 0% 3% Cholesterol 0 mg 0% 1% Sodium 220 mg 9% 12% Potassium 90 mg 3% 8% Total carbohydrates 19 mg 6% 8% Dietary Fiber 2 g 8% 8% Sugars 1g Protein 4 g Vitamin A 25% 30% Vitamin C 25% 25% Calcium 4% 15% Iron 45% 45% Vitamin D 10% 20% Thiamin 25% 25% Riboflavin 25% 35% Niacin 25% 25% Vitamin B6 25% 25% Folate 25% 25% Vitamin B12 25% 30% Phosphorus 10% 20% Magnesium 10% 10% Zinc 6% 6% Copper 6% 6% (*) Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Fiber One Protein Bars can help keep you on track with 20 percent daily value of fiber with at least six grams of protein in a delicious 130-140 calorie bar: * At 130 calories, Caramel Nut contains seven grams of protein * At 140 calories, Coconut Almond contains six grams of protein "At the start of the New Year, many Americans make resolutions to eat healthier, but it can be difficult to find smart options in the snack aisle that deliver on both nutrition and flavor," said Katherine Zonino, associate marketing manager for Fiber One.