People for Puget Sound combines education, science and policy activism in their mission to restore the area.
What does PFPS stand for?
PFPS stands for People for Puget Sound (Washington)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PFPS
We have 5 other meanings of PFPS in our Acronym Attic
- Philippine Family Planning Program (Department of Health)
- Public Fire Paramedic Program (Canada)
- Palestinian Family Planning and Protection Association (Israel)
- Pesticide Formulating Packaging and Repackaging
- Polarized Fluorescence Photobleaching Recovery (biophysics)
- Preliminary Field Plan Review (Georgia)
- Population, Family Planning, and Reproductive Health (American Public Health Association)
- Postdoctoral Fellowships in Polar Regions Research (US National Science Foundation)
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
- Patients for Patient Safety (UN World Health Organization)
- Portable Flight Planning Software
- Portable Flight Planning System
- Provincial Forensic Psychiatry Service (Canada)
- Programmatic Financial and Public Sector Adjustment Loan
- Partial Failure of Passive Transfer
- Plantar-Flexor Peak Torque (physical therapy)
- Processor Frame Power Unit
- Pension Fund Property Unit Trust (Ireland)
- Pension Fund Pooling Vehicles (UK)
- Program For Persons With Disabilities (TRICARE)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Kathy Fletcher Executive director of the People for Puget Sound will commit her organization to helping the "Next Generation" become the long term decision-makers committed to taking today's solutions to Puget Sound's problems out to future generations.
More than 30 health, environmental, consumer, and children's advocates have endorsed the bill, including the Washington Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, Washington Physicians for Social Responsibility, the Washington State Nurses Association, Washington Conservation Voters, Children's Alliance, People For Puget Sound, and WashPIRG.
As part of the campaign, Wells Fargo is contributing $20,000 to The Alliance for Puget Sound Shorelines, a coalition of three non-profit organizations: People for Puget Sound, The Trust for Public Land and The Nature Conservancy.
There is the influential Chesapeake Bay Foundation and the venerable Save San Francisco Bay Association, the North Carolina Coastal Federation, Friends of Long Island Sound, Tampa BayWatch, People for Puget Sound and the Gulf Restoration Network among others.
He is a trustee and director of several Northwest educational and civic organizations, including Pacific University of Forest Grove, Oregon, the Pilchuck Glass School of Seattle, and People for Puget Sound.
The permit was appealed by the state Department of Ecology and the state Department of Fish and Wildlife, as well as five environmental organizations: Washington Environmental Council, North Cascades Audubon Society, People for Puget Sound, Ocean Advocates and the League of Women Voters of Bellingham.
There have been calls for a tourist boycott of Victoria, and People for Puget Sound, a Washington-based environmental group, even suggested that visitors to the August '94 Commonwealth Games in Victoria refuse to flush toilets in the city.