Incumbent President Ma Ying-jeou and his running mate Premier Wu Den-yih of the ruling Nationalist Party (KMT) are in a three-way race with Democratic Progressive Party Chairwoman Tsai Ing-wen and DPP Secretary General Su Jia-chyuan, and People First Party Chairman James Soong who is running with public health expert Lin Ruey-shiung.
What does PFP stand for?
PFP stands for People First Party (Taiwan political party)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PFP
We have 182 other meanings of PFP in our Acronym Attic
- Partnership For Peace
- Partnership for Prevention
- Passive Fire Protection
- Pastors for Peace (various locations)
- Patellofemoral Pain
- Pay for Performance
- Peace and Freedom Party
- Peak Firing Pressure (combustion engine)
- Pedals for Progress
- Pennsylvania Farmworker Project (Philadelphia, PA)
- Personal Financial Planner
- Personal Fitness Professional (magazine)
- Personal Fundraising Page (website)
- Philadelphia Folklore Project (Philadelphia, PA)
- Phoenix Fight Promotions (mixed martial arts promoter)
- Physical Fitness Program (various organizations)
- Physicians for Peace Foundation (Norfolk, VA)
- Picture for Proof
- Pink Floyd Project (band reproduction)
- Pistols for Pandas (fictitious group)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The work was resumed 110 days later, on February 14, 2001, due to the strong protest of opposition Kuomintang and People First Party.
In the Taipei mayoral election, Hau Lung-bin, the candidate from the main opposition Nationalist Party (KMT) and former environment minister, enjoys a comfortable lead over other candidates, including the ruling Democratic Progressive Party candidate Frank Hsieh, and James Soong from the smaller People First Party, according to surveys.
Meanwhile, the second largest opposition People First Party (PFP), which controls 45 seats, took a cautious attitude.
President Ma Ying-jeou and his running mate, Premier Wu Den-yih, face Democratic Progressive Party Chairwoman Tsai Ing-wen and her party's Secretary General Su Jia-chyuan, and People First Party Chairman James Soong who is running with public health expert Lin Ruey-shiung.
The trend Chen worried was triggered by the two historic journeys made between late April and mid-May by Nationalist Party (KMT) chairman Lien Chan and People First Party leader James Soong at the invitation of Chinese President Hu Jintao.
The People First Party (PFP) of KMT renegade James Soong, now the third-largest bloc in the legislature, has slightly slipped in popular support to 16% from 18% in late October.
15 Kyodo The leader of Taiwan's opposition People First Party will register as a third candidate for the January presidential election next week, party officials said Tuesday.