Members from People Against Wylfa B (PAWB) protested on the Anglesey side of the bridge as commuters headed to work.
What does PAWB stand for?
PAWB stands for People Against Wylfa B (Wales)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PAWB
We have 1 other meaning of PAWB in our Acronym Attic
- Public Affairs Workstation
- Northern Territory Power and Water Authority
- Palawan Animal Welfare Association (Philippines)
- Pan American World Airways, Inc.
- Portland Amateur Wireless Association (ham radio club; Portland, ME)
- Power and Water Authority (Australia)
- Printmakers Association of Western Australia (est. 1974)
- Palawan Animal Welfare Association, Inc. (The Philippines)
- Palandri America Wine Business (Australia)
- Parks and Wildlife Bureau (Department of Environment and Natural Resources; Philippines)
- Protected Areas and Wildlife Bureau (Philippines)
- Psychosocial Assistance Without Borders (est. 2005; New York, NY)
- Parties Advised Will Comply (police)
- Pennsylvania American Water Company (Hershey, PA)
- Plant Available Water Capacity (botany)
- Portland Alliance of Worker Collectives (Portland, OR)
- Prairieland Animal Welfare Center (Galesburg, IL)
- Provincial Administration of the Western Cape (Zambia)
- Pottawatomie & Wabaunsee County Animal Response Team
- Philippine-American War Centennial Initiative (historical information organization)
Samples in periodicals archive:
SIR - I fully echo and support the views of Dylan Morgan from People Against Wylfa B / Pobl Atal Wylfa B (Pawb) over the bizarre reasoning that provides yet another 'lifetime' extension to nuclear reactor Wylfa A until 2014 (Western Mail, August 10).
Mr Morgan, of campaign group People against Wylfa B said: If the Government are true to their word and expect private companies to build, operate and decommission new nuclear power stations and dispose of nuclear waste, then not one new nuclear power station is likely to be built.
Nuclear opponents People Against Wylfa B say that the governments need to forget about nuclear and concentrate on renewables.
PAWB, or People Against Wylfa B, will hold its demonstration near the Menai Bridge on Anglesey, on Wednesday.
People Against Wylfa B welcomed the news yesterday.
DYLAN MORGAN PAWB, Pobl Atal Wylfa B/ People Against Wylfa B
Dylan Morgan PAWB, Pobl Atal Wylfa B / People Against Wylfa B