Two people were injured when police tried to disperse the crowd as the leader of the banned People's United Democratic Movement , Mario Masuku, was addressing them.
What does PUDEMO stand for?
PUDEMO stands for People's United Democratic Movement (Swaziland)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Puducherry Urban Development Agency
- Pueblo Depot Activity (Pueblo, CO)
- Punjab Urban Development Authorities (India)
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake (dessert)
- Pontypridd Urban District Council (UK)
- Process Unit Design and Commissioning (engineering)
- Przeglad Ubezpieczeniowy Dla Ciebie (Polish: Insurance Overview for You; publication)
- People United for Dignity, Democracy, and Justice
- Plan Universitario De Empleo (Spanish: Graduate Employment Plan)
- Public Utility and Drainage Easement (various locations)
- Public Use Data File
- Partai Uni Demokrasi Indonesia (Indonesian: Indonesian Democratic Unity Party; Indonesia)
- Partito Umanista Democratico Italiano (Italian: Italian Democratic Humanist Party)
- Parkhotel Unter Den Linden (German hotel)
- Periods of Unpredictable Delay and Loss
- Pittsburgh United for Deaf Literacy (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Planning and Urban Development League (bowling league; Sacramento, CA)
- Princeton University Digital Library (Princeton, NJ)
- Pulse Motor Driven Linearized Spool Valve
- Post-Universaldienstleistungsverordnung (German: postal universal service ordinance)
Samples in periodicals archive:
If there are people who want to bail out the Swazi regime, it must not be a blank cheque," Mario Masuku, president of the People's United Democratic Movement (PUDEMO), told a news conference in Johannesburg.
Release our political prisoners, democracy now," read one placard waved by the crowd wearing red, the colour of workers and closely associated with Swaziland's banned opposition People's United Democratic Movement (PUDEMO).
Masuku was speaking at the funeral of Sipho Jele, a timber industry worker who died in prison in the Swazi capital Mbabane on May 4 after being arrested for wearing a T-shirt of the People's United Democratic Movement (PUDEMO) at a May Day rally.
Masuku, leader of the People's United Democratic Movement (PUDEMO), was arrested on Saturday as part of a crackdown under the country's anti-terrorism laws.
Mario Masuku, of the banned People's United Democratic Movement (PUDEMO), condemned the election as "a window dressing exercise trying to pull wool over the eyes of the international community.