In addition to Common Ground, secular organizations such as Emergency Communities, the People's Hurricane Relief Fund, and Four Directions have joined a multitude of small church groups in the region to provide services where government and big aid organizations fell short.
What does PHRF stand for?
PHRF stands for People's Hurricane Relief Fund (Hurricane Katrina relief)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PHRF
We have 3 other meanings of PHRF in our Acronym Attic
- Population Health Research Data Repository (Manitoba Centre for Health Policy; Canada)
- Panhandle Research and Extension Center (Nebraska)
- Phil's Read Editor (University of Washington Genome Center)
- Public Health Research and Education Development (Canada)
- Public Health Review Evaluation Database
- Public Health Risk Evaluation Data
- Perinatal HIV Reduction and Education Demonstration Activities
- Per Host Rate Limiter
- Pacific Handicap Racing Fleet (various locations)
- Parliamentary Human Rights Foundation (Washington, DC)
- Performance Handicap Racing Fleet
- Perinatal Hypoxia-Related Factors
- Public Health Resource Group (University of New England, College of Osteopathic Medicine; Portland, ME)
- Primary Hand Receipt Holder
- Pacific Health Research Institute (since 1960; Honolulu, Hawaii)
- Pintabian Horse Registry, Inc (Karlstad, Minnesota)
- Pittsburgh Health Research Institute (Pennsylvania)
- Population Health Research Institute (est. 1999; Canada)
- Port and Harbour Research Institute (Ministry of Transport; Japan)
- Palestinian Human Rights Information Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
Labor Against the War, People's Hurricane Relief Fund, National Youth and Student Peace Coalition, and Veterans for Peace.
Within a few weeks of the disaster, the People's Hurricane Relief Fund (PHRF) came up with some simple demands.