For intramuscular treatment, the concentration was based on the recommendation of the manufacturer of Glucantime[R] for a concentration of pentavalent antimony of 10-20 mg/kg/d for CL.
What does SbV stand for?
SbV stands for Pentavalent Antimony (pharmacology)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SbV
We have 45 other meanings of SbV in our Acronym Attic
- Second Bank of the United States (1816-1836)
- Serial Bus
- Sub Business Unit
- Solar Backscatter Ultraviolet
- Solar Backscatter Ultraviolet Spectral Radiometer
- Solar Blind UV
- Solar Backscatter Ultraviolet Spectrometer/Total Ozone Mapping Spectrometer
- South Baldwin United Way (Alabama)
- Starbucks Coffee Company
- Starbucks Corporation (stock symbol)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The toxicological literature clearly establishes that trivalent antimony is tar more toxic to humans than is pentavalent antimony (e.
The trials compared the standard therapeutics, known as pentavalent antimony compounds, with the topical treatment, paramomycin.
The update focuses on demographic data collected on 361 (69%) of those cases, as mandated by the treatment protocol for therapy with sodium stibogluconate, the pentavalent antimony compound used in the treatment of CL infections.
As expected, all patients were treated with meglumine antimoniate, given at the standard dose of 20 mg pentavalent antimony ([Sb.