For example, the Pension Funding Equity Act of 2004 temporarily replaced the 30-year Treasury rate with a rate based on long-term corporate bonds for certain pension plan funding and included a "sense of Congress" provision holding out hope future Congresses would be able to make changes to the defined benefit pension system.
What does PFEA stand for?
PFEA stands for Pension Funding Equity Act
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PFEA
We have 2 other meanings of PFEA in our Acronym Attic
- Priests for Equality
- Professional Field Engineer
- Professional Flight Engineer
- Proficiency Flight Evaluation (US Army)
- Promotion Fitness Examination
- Proyecto Filosofía en Español (Spain)
- Public Financial Enterprise (various locations)
- Pulmonary Fat Embolism
- Pulse-Field Electrophoresis
- Purchaser Furnished Equipment
- Polish Federation of Engineering Associations (est. 1835)
- Public Financial Enterprises Agency (Ethiopia)
- Publications Francaises Emotifs Anonymes (Canadian publication)
- Patient Family Educational Advisory Committee
- Pittsburgh Freshman Engineering Attitudes Survey
- Performance Foreign Exchange Corporation
- Personal Firearms Eligibility Check (California)
- Philatelic Friends Exchange Circuit (stamp collectors)
- Philippine Federation for Environmental Concern (Philippines)
- Pineland Farms Equestrian Center (New Gloucester, ME)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This new edition updates the material to incorporate discussion of the Pension Funding Equity Act of 2004, Internal Revenue Service proposed and instituted regulations and procedures from 2003 and 2004, recent Department of Labor guidance concerning the duties of fiduciaries with respect to mutual funds, and other developments since the last edition.
Temporary Pension Funding Fix The Pension Funding Equity Act of 2004, (49) signed by President Bush on April 10, 2004, was enacted just before the April 15 quarterly contribution due date.
The Pension Funding Equity Act of 2004 and the FASB Standard No.
In order to maintain flexibility for its funding options, the company also expects to apply for deficit reduction contribution relief under the recently enacted Pension Funding Equity Act for pension contributions otherwise due in 2004 and 2005.
The House passed the Pension Funding Equity Act (H.
This is particularly important in cases where companies have received deficit reduction contribution relief under the Pension Funding Equity Act of 2004.
April 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) today commended members for Congress for enacting -- on a bipartisan basis -- the Pension Funding Equity Act of 2004, which President Bush has signed into law.