April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- On Thursday, April 4, 2013, Chester Community Charter School (CCCS), the largest K-8 charter school in Pennsylvania, will hold the "Make a Difference Campaign" with Philadelphia Eagles' LeSean McCoy, and singer, BriaMarie (The Fresh Princess), to proactively promote the upcoming Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA) exams and anti-bullying awareness.
What does PSSA stand for?
PSSA stands for Pennsylvania System of School Assessment
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PSSA
We have 129 other meanings of PSSA in our Acronym Attic
- Performance Status Scale for Head and Neck Cancer
- Precision Strike Suite for Special Operations Forces
- Particle Size-Selective-Threshold Limit Value
- Private Network Signaling System 1
- Private Signalling System 1 (aka QSIG)
- Pseudomonas Syringae Pathovar Syringae 61 (protein)
- Parasternal Short Axis
- Particularly Sensitive Sea Area
- Pegasus Slowpitch Softball Association (Dallas, TX)
- Pennsylvania State Snowmobile Association
- Pennsylvania System of State Assessments
- Personnel Specialist Seaman Apprentice (USN Rating)
- Pharmaceutical Society of South Africa
- Pharmacy Systems Service Analyst
- Philosophy Society of South Africa
- Photographic Society of Southern Africa
- Phycological Society of Southern Africa
- Political Science Student Association
- Political Science Students' Association
- Position Switched to Service Assistant
Samples in periodicals archive:
As a result, the Pittsburgh Business Times, which ranks districts based upon the results of the Pennsylvania System of School Assessment exams held in grades 3-8 and 11, ranked SVSD as 43rd out of 100 districts in western Pennsylvania, much lower than the community wanted the district to be.
While there is an emphasis on the CTE path that students are interested in pursuing, academic areas must be mastered with proficiency in order for a school to be successful (in this case, as defined by the Pennsylvania System of School Assessment, or (PSSA)).
The Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA) will no longer be required for 11[sup.
Two years ago, the Penn Hills School District in Pittsburgh offered evening Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA) math remediation using a $50-per-student-per-year online program called SmartHelp by Apangea Learning, which uses certified math teachers.
These include a focus on the following areas: * improving Pennsylvania System of School Assessment scores in reading, writing and math; * teaching professionalism (ethics, morals and manners); and * classroom management techniques-dealing with special needs students.
5 percent student retention and Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA) scores that are 18 percent higher in mathematics and nearly 27 percent higher in reading than comparable scores in Philadelphia public schools.
As required by the law, the list of schools contains the lowest-achieving 15 percent of elementary schools and the lowest-achieving 15 percent of secondary schools, based on combined math and reading scores on the Pennsylvania System of School Assessment from the 2011-12 school year.