Pennsylvania American Water Company received a $8,370,000 loan to construct about nineteen miles of drinking water distribution lines to serve residents in parts of eight communities whose wells do not produce sufficient drinking water and the water that is produced is often contaminated by nearby malfunctioning on-lot septic systems.
What does PAWC stand for?
PAWC stands for Pennsylvania American Water Company (Hershey, PA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PAWC
We have 19 other meanings of PAWC in our Acronym Attic
- Portland Amateur Wireless Association (ham radio club; Portland, ME)
- Power and Water Authority (Australia)
- Printmakers Association of Western Australia (est. 1974)
- Palawan Animal Welfare Association, Inc. (The Philippines)
- Palandri America Wine Business (Australia)
- Parks and Wildlife Bureau (Department of Environment and Natural Resources; Philippines)
- People Against Wylfa B (Wales)
- Protected Areas and Wildlife Bureau (Philippines)
- Psychosocial Assistance Without Borders (est. 2005; New York, NY)
- Parties Advised Will Comply (police)
- Plant Available Water Capacity (botany)
- Portland Alliance of Worker Collectives (Portland, OR)
- Prairieland Animal Welfare Center (Galesburg, IL)
- Provincial Administration of the Western Cape (Zambia)
- Pottawatomie & Wabaunsee County Animal Response Team
- Philippine-American War Centennial Initiative (historical information organization)
- Philippine Association of Water Districts (est. 1974; Philippines)
- Print Automounter Working Directory
- Performing Arts Workers' Equity (South Africa)
- Polish Association of Women Entrepreneurs (Warsaw, Poland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Clarion County Pennsylvania American Water Company received a $19 million loan to eliminate overflows of waste that occur during wet weather events by upgrading and expanding its newly acquired wastewater treatment plant, constructing eight miles of new interceptors and collection lines, installing two new water surge holding tanks and making renovations to the Liberty Lift Station.
Carapellucci Company installed hundreds of miles of water line in the area, and worked hand-in-hand with the Pennsylvania American Water Company beginning in the early 1920s.
Pennsylvania American Water Company received a $172,682 loan and an $11.
13 /PRNewswire/ -- The Municipal Authority of Robinson Township has filed a Petition for Interim Emergency Order before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission to stop Pennsylvania American Water Company from currently supplying water at a rate Robinson claims is "illegal.
May 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Pennsylvania Consumer Advocate Sonny Popowsky announced today that his Office will ask the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission to reject the Initial Decision of an Administrative Law Judge that refused to order Pennsylvania American Water Company (PAWC) to provide water service to the people of Mount Pleasant Township in Washington County.
James Gerlach (R-Berks), authorizes the Department of General Services to grant and convey to Pennsylvania American Water Company certain lands situated in East Vincent Township, Chester County.