Casey upholding most provisions of the 1989 Pennsylvania Abortion Control Act.
What does PACA stand for?
PACA stands for Pennsylvania Abortion Control Act
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of PACA
We have 65 other meanings of PACA in our Acronym Attic
- Peace Agreement Compliance Cell
- Pragmatic Assessment of Communication in Dementia
- Personal Access Communications System, Unlicensed Band
- PATRIOT Advanced Capability - 3
- Portable Allied Command, Control & Communications Terminal
- Pacific and Asian Communication Association
- Pagans Against Child Abuse
- Panel Acoustic Contribution Analysis (Automated Analysis Corp.)
- Participatory Analysis for Community Action
- Partnered Against Cult Activity (Arkansas)
- Pennsylvania Aggregates and Concrete Association
- People as A Competitive Advantage
- Performing Arts Center Authority
- Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act
- Phased Array Communications Antenna
- Physics and Chemistry of the Atmosphere
- Picture Agency Council of America
- Picture Archive Council of America (stock archives trade organization)
- Politica Agropecuaria Comun Andina (Spanish)
- Post Adoption Contact Agreement (legal document)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Planned Parenthood, he joined with his colleagues on the appeals court in a unanimous opinion upholding most of the pro-life 1989 Pennsylvania Abortion Control Act.
Passed in 1993, the Pennsylvania Abortion Control Act was even more restrictive than the federal Medicaid law.
I found out later that the Pennsylvania Abortion Control Act actually says that parental consent is needed for a minor under 18 years of age.
The Casey decision arose from a challenge mounted by a group of abortion clinics against certain amendments (enacted by the state legislature in 1988 and 1989) to the Pennsylvania Abortion Control Act of 1982.
In addition, Rendell supports changes to the Pennsylvania Abortion Control Act to allow researchers to conduct stem cell research that would require the destruction of human embryos and would provide state money for the research.
To the wider public, Casey will best be remembered for the Pennsylvania Abortion Control Act and for the Democratic Party`s refusal to allow him to speak at its 1992 presidential nominating convention.