Fish and Wildlife Service lists two species, the Sierra Nevada and the peninsular bighorn sheep, as endangered.
What does PBS stand for?
PBS stands for Peninsular Bighorn Sheep (sheep species)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PBS
We have 394 other meanings of PBS in our Acronym Attic
- Partitioned Branch Support (biology)
- Patient Business Services
- Paul Brown Stadium (Cincinnati Bengals football stadium)
- Payroll Benefit Services
- PB Srinivas (Indian singer)
- Peak Burst Size
- Peanut Butter Sandwich
- Pearls Before Swine(band)
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Program (Illinois)
- Pengeinstitutternes Betalingsservice
- Performance Based Specification
- Performance Based Standards
- Performance Benchmarking Service
- Permanent Building Society (Australia)
- Personal Base Station
- Personal Business Services
- Peter Barron Stark and Associates, Inc. (San Diego, CA)
- Pfadibewegung Schweiz (Swiss scouts)
- Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences (various schools)
- Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The mountains surrounding the Lodge are also populated by its famous mascot, the peninsular bighorn sheep, which number less than 500 in the whole world.
Peninsular Bighorn Sheep (Ovis canadensis) We announced on February 1 the designation of 844,897 acres (341,929 ha) in San Diego, Imperial, and Riverside counties, California, as critical habitat for the endangered Peninsular Ranges population of bighorn sheep.
Agencies are planning ways to protect a Peninsular bighorn sheep herd native to the Santa Rosa and San Jacinto mountains that has dwindled to 26 adults and is listed on the federal endangered species list.
27, 1998 * San Bernardino kangaroo rat March 16, 1998 * Fat threeridge mussel * Gulf moccasinshell mussel March 18, 1998 * Peninsular bighorn sheep