Emergence and spread of Neisseria gonorrhoeae clinical isolates harbouring mosaic-like structure of penicillin-binding protein 2 in Central Japan.
What does PBP2 stand for?
PBP2 stands for Penicillin-Binding Protein 2
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PBP2
- Preburner Boost Pump (US NASA)
- Prison Book Program (various organizations)
- Product Based Planning (UK)
- Progressive Bulbar Palsy
- Project Better Place (cars)
- Proven Best Practice
- Puffing Billy Posse (graffiti crew)
- Prostate specific Binding Protein polypeptide C3
- Professional Books, Papers, and Equipment
- Penicillin Binding Protein 1
Samples in periodicals archive:
Insertion of an extra amino acid is the main cause of the low affinity of penicillin-binding protein 2 in penicillin-resistant strains of Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
In three separate surveillance studies (E-0112, E-0115, E-0117) ceftobiprole was amongst the most potent cephalosporins against Enterobacteriaceae and Pseudomonas -- the most common Gram-negative bacterial pathogens associated with hospital-acquired infections -- explained in part by its enhanced affinity for the penicillin-binding protein 2 (PBP2) in pseudomonads (C1-0933).