MONTREAL -- When other parts of their game are sputtering, the New York Rangers have two key assets to fall back on -- penalty killing and goaltending.
What does PK stand for?
PK stands for Penalty Killing (hockey)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of PK
We have 25 other meanings of PK in our Acronym Attic
- Parkour (extreme urban sport)
- Pastor's Kid
- Peace Keeper (Farscape)
- Peaceable Kingdom (movie)
- Peacekeeper (missile)
- Peacekeeping (various organizations)
- Peasant Kill (Utopia gaming)
- Penalty Kick (soccer)
- Penetrating Keratoplasty (also seen as PKP)
- Peninjauan Kembali (Indonesian: judicial review)
- People Killer (gaming)
- Personal Kill(s) (Lineage 2 game)
- Personenkennzahl (German)
- PetroKazakhstan Inc.
- Phi Kappa (various locations)
- Phil Katz (inventor of ZIP data compression)
- Phoenix Knights (gaming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Our penalty killing was great, we just need to work as hard on our powerplay.
This series, for some reason, their power play has beat our penalty killing.
He can't afford to have Avery in the penalty box too often when the Kings are ranked 27th in the NHL in penalty killing.
Boston entered the game ranked 29th in penalty killing, but had killed off most of the penalty when Jarome Iginla's cross-ice pass intended for Todd Bertuzzi deflected off a stick into the slot where it was slapped in by Phaneuf.
He is working on special teams - powerplay and penalty killing - ahead of this Sunday's crunch clash with early pace-setters Belfast Giants.
THE POWERPLAY and penalty killing special teams will continue to be a major part of Cassidy Coventry Blaze coach Paul Thompson's planning for the new season.
The Ducks were 10th in the league in penalty killing (85.