If you have a high temperature, call your GP immediately as you might have pelvic inflammatory disease.
What does PID stand for?
PID stands for Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PID
We have 246 other meanings of PID in our Acronym Attic
- Partial Initial Decision
- Particle Identification (Nuclear and Particle Physics)
- Partido Institucional Democratico (México, politcal party)
- Passenger Information Display (software; transportation industry)
- Passive Infrared Detector
- Password Identifier
- Past International Director
- Pathway Interaction Database (cancer research)
- Patient Identifier (alphanumeric and bar code)
- Paul Is Dead (Paul McCartney urban legend)
- Pennsylvania Insurance Department
- Person Identifiable Data (formerly Patient Identifiable Data; UK National Health Service)
- Personal Identification
- Personal Identifying Data (various organizations)
- Personal Interior Design (Stockholm, NY)
- Personally-Identifiable Data
- Personnel Increment Number
- Photo Ionization Detector
- Photoionization Detector
- Piping & Instrumentation Diagram
Samples in periodicals archive:
Their research found it was unlikely that one-off screening for chlamydia will prevent women developing pelvic inflammatory disease in the following year.
The study, which included 2529 sexually active female students between the ages of 16 to 27 from 20 universities and further education colleges in London, concluded that most cases of pelvic inflammatory disease occurred in females who did not have chlamydia infection when they were screened, suggesting they may have become infected later.
If it is not treated, it may cause severe, costly reproductive and other health problems which include serious consequences, including pelvic inflammatory disease, which is the critical link to infertility and potentially fatal tubal pregnancy.
Age less than 30 years, low body mass index, smoking, menarche before 12 years of age, long cycles, heavy menstrual flow, nulliparity, premenstrual syndrome, sterilisation, clinically suspected pelvic inflammatory disease, sexual abuse and psychological symptoms were associated with dysmenorrhoea.
The sexually transmitted infection can lead to infertility and pelvic inflammatory disease in women.
LOS ANGELES -- Adolescents treated for pelvic inflammatory disease are not likely to complete a 14-day course of antibiotics nor return for 72-hour evaluation, according to a study designed to see if implementation of a rigorous institutional protocol could improve care.
Teenagers' failure to seek care also would result in increases in untreated cases of chlamydia (2,243), gonorrhea (521) and pelvic inflammatory disease (501); treating the consequences of these diseases would cost $708,000.