In 2013, he was named an honorary professor of Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences & Peking Union Medical College.
What does PUMC stand for?
PUMC stands for Peking Union Medical College (China)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PUMC
We have 28 other meanings of PUMC in our Acronym Attic
- Prostitutes Union of Massachusetts
- Protected User Mode Audio (Microsoft)
- Public Use Microdata Area (US Census)
- Purple Martin (bird species)
- Publishing Mail Quality of Service Project (Universal Postal Union)
- Persistent Unmanned Aerial Surveillance
- PDA User Message Board
- Pennsylvania University Museum Bulletin (University of Pennsylvania; Philadelphia, PA)
- Partial Unit Memory Code
- Patients Unlimited Marketing Consultants (Gardena, CA)
- Pinconning United Methodist Church (Pinconning, Michigan)
- Porterfield United Methodist Church (Albany, GA)
- Programa Universitario México Nación Multicultural (Spanish: Mexico Multicultural Nation University Programme; Mexico)
- Prosper United Methodist Church (Prosper, TX)
- Providence United Methodist Church (various locations)
- Peking Union Medical College Hospital (China)
- Pulse-Modulated Coherent Doppler-Effect X-Band Pulse-Repetition Synthetic-Array Pulse Compression Lobe Planar Array
- Print Utility for Metaframe (Fuji Xerox)
- Public Use Microdata File
- Pay Up Mister Fun, In Full
Samples in periodicals archive:
2013IPB301) from the Institute of Pathogen Biology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College.
The 6 specialists from Peking Union Medical College Hospital (PUMCH) of China arrived and they are expected to carry out site restoring operations for about 300 Ethiopian patients.
A second was the Peking Man, discovered while he worked at Peking Union Medical College funded by the Rockefeller Institute.
Shocked colleagues rang the emergency services, who rushed him to the Peking Union Medical College in the capital city of Beijing.
While hundreds of other Pakistani doctors have to go through an irksome phase of the degrees verification and preparations for the RMP examination, the students of Peking Union Medical College, Beijing Medical University, Shanghai Medical University, Shanghai Second Medical University, School of Stomatology, Xian-Jiaotong University School of Medicine and Xinjiang Medical University are exempted from the aforesaid requirements, despite that dozens of medical universities in other countries, particularly those of Iran and Ukraine, are as good or even better than any Chinese medical university.
Enling Ma, professor of surgery at Peking Union Medical College, department of international cooperation, said these improvements will require medical doctors to have some administrative skills.
The history of intensive care in China began in 1982 when Peking Union Medical College developed the first intensive care unit in its hospital in Beijing.