The following dose reduction strategies were developed over months of careful computed tomography (CT) dose adjustment and imaging analysis: o Decreased Peak Kilovoltage o Low-dose Automatic Dose Modulation o Decreased Length of Coverage o Pitch o Iterative Reconstruction and Noise Reduction Software In addition, the imaging facility focused on limiting double scans and multiphase examinations; performing low-dose follow-up CT examinations; and the use of iterative reconstruction and noise reduction software.
What does kVp stand for?
kVp stands for Peak Kilovoltage (radiography)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of kVp
We have 13 other meanings of kVp in our Acronym Attic
- Key Value Pair
- Key Verb Phrase
- Keyboardless Visual Programming
- Keyword-Value Pair
- Kilovolt Peak
- Kilovolt Potential
- Kinetic Vapor Pressure
- Kontinuierlicher Verbesserungsprozess (German)
- KULT Virtual Press (Italian publisher)
- Kyushu Venture Partners (Japan)
- Kliniek Voor Parodontologie Amsterdam (Dutch: Clinic for Periodontology Amsterdam)
- Katy Visual Performing Arts Center (Texas)
- Kankakee Valley Park District (Illinois)
- Keene Valley Public Library (Keene Valley, NY)
- Kathmandu Valley Preservation Trust (Nepal)
- Klang Valley Palm User Group
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (India)
- Kennebecasis Valley Quilting Guild (Canada)
- Keith's Vintage Radio
- Kenilworth Vehicle Rental
Samples in periodicals archive:
Parameters contributing to CT radiation dose The principal selectable parameters that contribute to radiation dose are tube current (mA), peak kilovoltage (kVp), pitch, and gantry cycle time (in seconds) (Table 1).