The aim was to show that peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR) of a cough stimulated by the most effective US frequency and power demonstrated in the previous studies achieved an expiratory flow rate greater than the 160 to 270 L/min previously shown to be needed to clear secretions .
What does PEFR stand for?
PEFR stands for Peak Expiratory Flow Rate
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PEFR
We have 3 other meanings of PEFR in our Acronym Attic
- Parents for Educational Freedom in North Carolina
- Personal Forum (Craigslist)
- Petrified Forest National Park (US National Park Service)
- Pre-election Economic and Fiscal Outlook (Australia)
- Principal Establishment and Finance Officer (UK government service)
- Pan European Federation of TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) Societies
- Performance Electric Fuel Pump
- Politically Exposed Foreign Person
- Proton Engineering Frontier Project
- Peak Early Filling Rate (cardiology)
- Person Eligible for Relief (Maryland)
- Pick Expiratory Forced Rate (nervous system research)
- Port E Function Register
- Prolonged Recording Expiratory Flow Rate
- Peak Expiratory Flow Rate/Forced Expiratory Volume in 1 Second
- Pan European Federation of Regulatory Affairs Societies
- Post Epidural Fall Risk Assessment Score (healthcare)
- Pan-European Financial Services (survey; Mercer Executive Renumeration Guide)
- Pannicolopatia Edemato-Fibro-Sclerotica
- Podsystem Europejskiego Funduszu Spolecznego (Polish: Subsystem of the European Social Fund)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among these presentations will be previously undisclosed results of a Phase 2b study in which PT003 was shown to be associated with a significant improvement in home peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR), a measure of lung function, when compared to placebo, individual components of PT003, and open-label active controls (p < 0.
Post-bronchodilator FVC, FEV1, peak expiratory flow rates (PEF), FEF50 and skinprick tests were measured at age 12.
Peak expiratory flow rate measurements are useful to diagnose COPD B.
Peak expiratory flow rates (PEFR) have improved 25 to 70% after OMT use.
Each student measured peak expiratory flow rate three times a day for 42 days.
One clinical study (Jones et al 1992a) compared the expiratory flow rates between circuits and found a higher peak expiratory flow rate in the Laerdal circuit at low peak inspiratory pressure (13 cm[H.
In the recent collaboration with the Koto Hospital in Tokyo, the company has confirmed that a long-time ingestion (at least 6 months) of tomato juice helps alleviate the subjective symptoms of BA while improving the peak expiratory flow rate, an index of BA.