Mercy Corps in partnership with Peace Winds Japan have delivered supplies and support to more than 42,000 displaced survivors and continue to aid in the psychological and economic recovery in tsunami-devastated cities.
What does PWJ stand for?
PWJ stands for Peace Winds Japan (humanitarian aid organization)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of PWJ in our Acronym Attic
- Personal, Workplace and Institutional Services (Fidelity Investments)
- Politics with International Studies (University of Greenwich; London, England, UK)
- Possession with Intent to Supply (drug charge)
- Prisoner of War Information System
- Prisoner of War Interrogation Section (German WWII POW camp, England)
- Public Works Information System
- Possession with Intent to Sell & Deliver
- Public Wireless Internet Service Provider
- Poisson Weighted Infinite Tree
- Possession with Intent to Supply (criminal charge)
- Phoenix Wright: Justice for All
- Personal Writings of Joseph Smith (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints)
- Palwaukee Composite Squadron
- Pasty White Kids
- Paul Wilbur Klipsch (audio engineer)
- People Worth Knowing (band)
- Peter W. Kulicki (acoustic engineer; PWK Designs)
- Phone Wallet Keys
- Politischer Wochen Kommentar (German: Weekly Political Comment)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We got out here last Monday and spent the first three days on the internet and on the phone working with two Japanese charities, Peace Winds Japan and Civic Action, that are on the ground out there," "Charities that are working with the basics of food, water, shelter, blankets and that sort of thing.
The vehicle, belonging to Tokyo-based Peace Winds Japan, was returning from a visit to a village in Sar-i-Pul Province when it was shot at by at least four men riding on two motorbikes, an official of the NGO said.
Tokyo-based NGO Peace Winds Japan (PWJ) has dispatched a three-member team to Afghanistan to survey the damage and study what aid is needed, its officials said.
Earlier this week, the Western Union Foundation made a contribution to Mercy Corps in support of Peace Winds Japan, their local partner, to provide for the immediate needs of survivors, including supplying shelter, food, water, blankets and medicine.
Mercy Corps also plans to operate a joint program with Peace Winds Japan inside Iraq, building on existing programs, to provide lifesaving aid to an additional 400,000 people displaced by war.
Meanwhile, Peace Winds Japan, which revealed Suzuki's misdeeds, declined to comment on his departure from the LDP.
The 34-year-old chief of Peace Winds Japan (PWJ), which was temporarily barred by the Foreign Ministry from an international Afghan aid conference in Tokyo in late January, said he wishes to return to his original duties as soon as possible, PWJ members said.