Businesses should ask their banks if their firm is a good candidate for mitigation tools such as positive pay or reverse-positive pay, payee name verification and automated clearing house debit filters.
What does PNV stand for?
PNV stands for Payee Name Verification (fraud prevention)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PNV
We have 20 other meanings of PNV in our Acronym Attic
- Pusan National University Hospital (Korea)
- Programa de Las Naciones Unidas para el Medio Ambiente (United Nations Environment Programme)
- Per New Unit Retailed (automotive)
- Per Net Usable Square Foot
- Personal Neo Urban Transport (Honda concept car)
- Phosphatase 1 Nuclear Targeting Subunit (protein)
- Possible Nuclear Underground Test Sight
- Per New Unit Wholesaled (Automotive)
- Park 'n View (trucker's term for park in view at truckstops)
- Partido Nacionalista Vasco (Basque Political Party)
- Potential Natural Vegetation
- Potential Network Value
- Prenatal Vitamins
- Present Net Value
- Proyecto Nueva Vida (Spanish: Project New Life; HIV/AIDS support)
- Parque Nacional Volcan Baru (Baru Volcano National Park; Chiriqui, Panama)
- Pinkham Notch Visitor Center (Gorham, NH)
- Presidential and National Voice Conferencing
- Partij Naastenliefde, Vrijheid en Diversiteit (Dutch)
- Passive Night Vision Device(s)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Payee Positive Pay also includes payee name verification at U.
Carreker - Carreker Corporation, a leading provider of technology and consulting solutions for the financial services industry, selected the OmniPage Capture SDK for its Payee Name Verification (PNV) solution, which adds additional security to financial institutions by identifying possible payee name alterations and flagging suspect items for further investigation, significantly reducing the risk of fraudulent checks and enhancing positive pay systems for institutions that use them.
ASD's Self Authenticated Negotiable Documents (SAND(R)) suite will be integrated into the Carreker Payee Name Verification (PNV) platform.
SAND(R) offers payee name verification with self-authenticated checks, and positive pay, providing the most complete protection available for financial institutions and their customers, and enables real-time check validation at the point of presentment; at the teller line, bank of first deposit, or at the merchants.