Filmmaker Paul Thomas Anderson admitted he was influenced by the life of L.
What does PTA stand for?
PTA stands for Paul Thomas Anderson (director)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of PTA
We have 366 other meanings of PTA in our Acronym Attic
- Parent and Teacher Association
- Parent-Teacher Association
- Parents and Taxpayers for Accountability
- Parents to Avoid
- Partition Top Anchors (construction)
- Passenger Terminal Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- Passenger Transport Authority
- Passive Tracking Algorithm
- Patellar Tendon Angle (orthopedics)
- Patent Term Adjustment
- Peddle Thorp Architects (Australia)
- Pennsylvania Telephone Association
- Pension Term Assurance (insurance)
- Per Theater Average (financial statistic)
- Percutaneous Transluminal Angioplasty
- Performance Textiles Association (UK)
- Peritonsillar Abscess
- Personal Test Automation (SONET)
- Personal Threat Alarm
- Personal Travel Agent
Samples in periodicals archive:
Enough has been written about Francois Truffaut's most famous film that you don't need us to rehash why The 400 Blows is so important to the history of cinema; try to watch the last five minutes without thinking that directors like Martin Scorsese, Terrence Malick and Paul Thomas Anderson based their entire careers on that one sequence.
In fact, Demme said, he initially offered Adebimpe's part to Paul Thomas Anderson ("There Will Be Blood").
Recently, Cruise won a Golden Globe Award, a SAG Award nomination, a Chicago Film Critics Award and his third Oscar(R) nomination for his supporting role in Magnolia, directed by Paul Thomas Anderson, prior to which he starred opposite his wife, Nicole Kidman, in the late Stanley Kubrick's critically acclaimed final film Eyes Wide Shut.
The genius of Paul Thomas Anderson is that he manages to take parts of Orson Welles, Terrence Malick, Stanley Kubrick, Robert Altman and Martin Scorsese and blend them all together to create something wholly original.
If you doubt me, take a look at her two films for Paul Thomas Anderson and notice the differences she can find in such things as "rhythm" and "attitude".
Punch-Drunk Love," the romantic comedy from director Paul Thomas Anderson ("Boogie Nights," "Magnolia") will be platform released on October 11th in New York, Los Angeles and Toronto, followed by an expansion on October 18th, it was announced today by Revolution Studios.
TOM CRUISE is to have an unbilled role in Magnolia, the next film from director Paul Thomas Anderson which will feature many of the cast from the hit movie Boogie Nights.