Charles Janeway, Fotis Kafatos and Nobel laureate Jules Hoffman, helped define the role of pattern recognition molecules in first line host defense.
What does PRM stand for?
PRM stands for Pattern Recognition Molecule (immunology)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PRM
We have 235 other meanings of PRM in our Acronym Attic
- Packet Radio Measurement (Internet protocol)
- Page Rank Metric
- Paint Related Materials
- Park and Recreation Management (various schools)
- Partidul Romania Mare (Romania Mare Party)
- Partner Relationship Management
- Partnership Relationship Management
- Passenger with Reduced Mobility (EU policies)
- Patient Relationship Manager (electronic medical records)
- Pattern Reference Model
- People with Reduced Mobility
- Performance Reference Model
- Performance Report Message
- Permanent Reservoir Monitoring
- Person Responsible for Maintenance (various organizations)
- Personal Radiation Monitor
- Personal Relationship Manager (various oranizations)
- Personnel Readiness Manager
- Petition/Proposal for Rulemaking
Samples in periodicals archive:
Well-illustrated with line drawings and clinical photographs, the topics include the barriers of the innate immune system to infection, pattern recognition molecules, phagocytes, interferons and other danger signals, the T-cell receptor and the generation of diversity, macromolecular antigen, immunoglobulin structure and classes, B cells and memory B cells, the secondary lymphoid organs, Type 1 to Type 4 hypersensitivity, tuberculosis, autoimmunity, tumors, vaccines and HIV.
Collectins and ficolins: sugar pattern recognition molecules of the mammalian innate immune system.