a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development of innovative treatments for chronic pain, today announced the completion of a research study, conducted with an independent market research firm, that identified a significant unmet medical need for improved treatments for patients with chronic pain and dysphagia/odynophagia.
What does PWCP stand for?
PWCP stands for Patients with Chronic Pain
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PWCP
We have 3 other meanings of PWCP in our Acronym Attic
- Portland Women's Crisis Line (Oregon)
- Public Works Central Laboratory (Civil Engineering and Development Department; Hong Kong)
- Public Works Contractors Licensing
- Public Works Contractors Licensing Board (Idaho)
- Paine Webber Capital Markets
- Permanent Water Conservation Measure (Australia)
- Public Works Center Management Information System
- Parks and Wildlife Commission of Northern Territory (Australia)
- Polskie Wirtualne Centrum Organowe (Poland)
- Pueblo West Committee of Architecture (Colorado)
- Pfeifer-Weber-Christian Panniculitis (inflammatory disorder)
- Process Work Center of Portland (Portland, OR)
- Professional Wet Cleaning Partnership
- Prince William County Police Department (Prince William, VA)
- Pair-Wise Cross-Product Ratios
- Prince William County Public Schools (Virginia)
- Prader-Willi Syndrome Chromosome Region
- Personal Wireless Communication Services
- Personal Wireless Communications Systems
- Polyvalent Wireless Communication System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Opioid painkillers, which include oxycodone, fentanyl and morphine, have only recently become available for patients with chronic pain, said Boscarino, who was not part of the new study.
Our results from individual patient data meta-analyses of nearly 18,000 randomized patients in high-quality RCTs provide the most robust evidence to date that acupuncture is a reasonable referral option for patients with chronic pain," the authors added.
But only one in six patients with chronic pain from conditions like osteoarthritis benefited substantially from using the muscle rubs compared with one in three using non-steroidal anti-inflammatory painkiller gels like ibuprofen or diclofenac.
of Pittsburgh) describes a practical approach by which primary care physicians can assess and treat issues characteristic of patients with chronic pain.
The MPs' investigation into prescription and over-the-counter drugs also claims that family doctors are contributing to growing problems associated with these substances by not taking seriously enough requests for help from addicts, and by mismanaging patients with chronic pain.
This finding confirms previous studies that patients with chronic pain often mislead physicians about illicit drug use.
Professor Peter Weissberg, of the British Heart Foundation, said: "The increased risk is small and many patients with chronic pain may well feel that this small risk is worth taking.