You may not be able to speak and tell the EMTs about your medications or past medical history.
What does PMHx stand for?
PMHx stands for Past Medical History
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PMHx
- Porter Memorial Health System (Valparaiso, IN)
- Post Mortem Human Surrogate
- Purcell Marian High School (Cincinnati, OH)
- Prema Matriculation Higher Secondary School (India)
- Pardon My Hashtag
- Primary Mental Health Team
- Probabilistic Multi-Hypothesis Tracking (algorithm)
- Powered Material Handling Vehicle
- Primary Mental Health Workers (UK)
- Patient Medical History
- Pacific Maritime Institute (Seattle, WA)
- Palang Mérah Indonesia (Indonesian: Indonesian Red Cross)
- Palma Mallorca, Mallorca Island, Spain - Palma Mallorca (Airport Code)
- Palmer Memorial Institute (North Carolina)
- Paradigm Medical Industries (est. 1996)
- Patient Master Index (hospital database for patient demographic information)
- Patient Movement Items
- Pensions Management Institute
- Performance Measurement Initiative (education)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It's important to keep in mind that drinking large amounts of alcohol contributes to a more severe form of stroke at a younger age in people who had no significant past medical history," said Cordonnier.
[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] 21-year-old man with no significant past medical history presented to the emergency department with sudden-onset left upper and lower quadrant pain, which he described as being sharp and nonradiating.
Through its wireless, touchscreen PhreesiaPad, Phreesia electronically administers the asthma control assessment to all patients who present with asthma or who have a past medical history of asthma.
In a multivariate, logistic, regression analysis adjusted for 34 variables, a past medical history of nonmelanoma skin cancer was independently associated with a 2.
This specific BOOP patient had cystic fibrosis and past medical history indicated a lung transplant in 2005.
The goal of the project was to create a standardized document in the computerized medical record that would communicate information about a patient's past medical history, social history, allergies, medications, past surgeries, lab results, and various health maintenance items in a condensed, quickly accessible, and easy to understand format, and also to ensure that the information in the Patient Profile was current and accurate.
Familial History History taking was focused on the patient's family and past medical history.