Wearing the Passy-Muir Valve restores the ability of the infant or child to vocalize, thereby allowing them to perform these important vocal behaviors.
What does PMV stand for?
PMV stands for Passy-Muir Valve (tracheostomy speaking valve)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PMV
We have 83 other meanings of PMV in our Acronym Attic
- Piezoelectric Micromachined Ultrasonic Transducer
- Mitral Valve Prolapse, Familial
- Panneaux à Messages Variables (French: Variable Message Signs; computerized road signs)
- Paralyzed and Mechanically Ventilated
- Parcels & Miscellaneous Van (UK railways)
- Parcels and Miscellaneous Van (British Southern Railway)
- Parliamentary Medal of Valor (Honor Harrington science fiction novels)
- Partial Molar Volume
- Passenger Motor Vehicle (Australian government)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Effect of the Passy-Muir Valve on aspiration in patients with tracheostomy.
Breakthrough research with the Passy-Muir Valve indicates additional therapeutic benefits of swallowing improvement, thus reducing the life threatening complications of aspiration pneumonia and additional surgeries.