The evaluation of passive integrated transponder (PIT) tags and visible implant elastometer (VIE) marks as new marking techniques for the bullhead.
What does PIT stand for?
PIT stands for Passive Integrated Transponder
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PIT
We have 194 other meanings of PIT in our Acronym Attic
- Product Induced Singular Value Decomposition
- Process Interrupt Status Word
- Project Identification and Selection Workshop
- Independence and Labor Party (Senegal)
- Panyapiwat Institute of Technology (Thailand)
- Part-Time/Intermittent/Temporary Employee
- Parti Ivorien des Travailleurs (French: Ivorian Worker's Party, Ivory Coast)
- Partners in Transformation
- Partners in Travel (various locations)
- Passive Injectable Transponders
- Pavlovian Instrumental Transfer (psychology)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Taxidermy
- Pennsylvania Institute of Technology (Media, Pennsylvania)
- Pepperdine Improv Troupe (Pepperdine University, California)
- Perception and Interactive Technologies (workshop)
- Percussion In Training
- Performance Improvement Team (various organizations)
- Performance Improvement Training (various organizations)
- Periodic Interrupt Timer
- Permit Improvement Team (EPA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The mussels were transported to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium mussel facility, where they were briefly quarantined and fitted with passive integrated transponder (PIT) tags.
Every one of those hatchery fish was embedded with a passive integrated transponder (PIT) tag--essentially a tiny information capsule that was surgically placed when the snook was a youngster back at the hatchery.
Finally, many specimens that ate large enough have been injected with a passive integrated transponder tag in order to identify individuals.
When salmon tagged with the passive integrated transponder (PIT) microchips pass through the antenna, the antenna turns on the PIT tag and the PIT tag in turn sends a unique identifying number to operators of the database where important information such as the species, journey origin and age of each fish is logged.
A passive integrated transponder tag is injected under an animal's skin, allowing its movements to be tracked by antenna systems over a wide area.
Common methods for individual marking of small mammals include ear tags, leg rings (Chitty 1937), toe clipping (Walker 1935) and more recently passive integrated transponders (Harper & Batzli 1996).
Digital Angel Corporation (OTCBB:DIGA), an advanced technology company in the field of animal identification and emergency identification solutions, announced today that its subsidiary Destron Fearing, will launch two new radio-frequency identification (RFID) readers, FishTRACKER IS001[TM] and FishTRACKER FS2020[TM], and a new passive integrated transponder (PIT) tag, FishID SST2[TM].