Australia's V-Tol Aerospace produces the i-Gimbal stabilised pay-load which contains an optional CCD television camera, active and passive infrared sensors, a thermal imaging camera, laser-rangefinders and a laser designator.
What does PIRS stand for?
PIRS stands for Passive Infrared Sensor
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PIRS
We have 24 other meanings of PIRS in our Acronym Attic
- Polski Instytut Rozwoju Rynku (Warsaw, Poland)
- Preliminary Investigation Request Response (Raytheon)
- Prepositioned War Reserve Interrogation and Readiness Reporting
- Project Internal Rate of Return
- Pediatricians Insurance Risk Retention Group of America (Coral Gables, FL)
- FCC Public Information and Reference Services
- Pacific Immigrant Resources Society (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
- Pangaea International Receivable Services (Kalispell, MT)
- Papers in Regional Science (journal)
- Parliamentary Information and Research Service (Canada)
- Patent Image Retrieval System
- Personnel Information Reporting System
- Police Information Retrieval System (database; Canada)
- Pollution Incident Reporting System
- Poslovni Informator Republike Slovenije (Business Directory of Republic of Slovenia)
- Propulsion Information Retrieval System
- Pulsed Infrared System
- Passive Infrared Situation Awareness
- Perimeter Institute Recorded Seminar Archive (physics seminar database)
- Primary Industries and Resources South Africa
Samples in periodicals archive:
The team set up video cameras with passive infrared sensors to record how the chimps behaved at termite nests.
The WVC2300 also has two input and two output ports that can be used for connecting the camera to an alarm panel, siren, passive infrared sensors, smoke detectors, lighting switch or door sensors.
These might include motion sensors that control lights or alarms, wall switches that can be moved at will, meter reader devices that work from outside a house, game controllers for interactive toys, tire pressure monitors in cars, passive infrared sensors for building automation systems, and asset and inventory tracking devices for use in retail stock rooms and warehouses.
A motion sensing and control design features the Zilog ZMOTION(TM) with technology, based on a passive infrared sensor and the Z8 Encore
This is a man-portable system with day/night electro-optic and acoustic sensors that can be complemented with a series of miniaturised seismic, magnetic, piezoelectric and passive infrared sensors.
95) system includes an Olympus Infinity XB 35mm camera (removable from the system, if desired), a passive infrared sensor, puter-controlled circuitry, standard and high sensitivity settings for various sizes of animals and conditions, and an LED test indicator.
The passive infrared sensor will be integrated onto a commercial satellite so that it can be launched into orbit and the data can then be transmitted to the ground for analysis.