Pramot said the deluge of floodwaters could mean salt levels fall from the usual level of around 32 parts per thousand to around two parts per thousand, and in the inner gulf the water will be like fresh water.
What does PPT stand for?
PPT stands for Parts Per Thousand
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PPT
We have 297 other meanings of PPT in our Acronym Attic
- Political Psychology (course)
- Pacific Play Tent
- Pacific Prevailing Time
- Package Peak Temperature
- Paid Part-Timer
- Papeete, French Polynesia - International Tahiti-Faaa (Airport Code)
- Paper and Pencil Test (various organizations)
- Partial Prothrombine Time
- Partners for Public Transportation
- Partners in Pediatrics
- Parts Per Trillion
- Pass Prediction Table
- Patria Para Todos (Homeland for All, political party)
- Peak Power Tracker
- Pedagogisk Psykologisk Tjeneste (Norwegian: Educational and Psychological Service)
- People's Party of Timor (East Timor)
- Percentage Points (financial reports)
- Performance Price Tradeoff (government contracts)
- Permanent People's Tribunal (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Because salinity levels in the open ocean vary by only about five parts per thousand, Aquarius will be able to detect changes as small as approximately two parts per 10,000, equivalent to about one-eighth of a teaspoon of salt in a gallon of water.
The underground water had a salinity of 26 parts per thousand (ppt).
In this case, the water had a salinity of only 5 parts per thousand as compared to the 35 parts per thousand in most of the world's oceans.
Typically, the proportion of the carbon-13 isotope found in kerogen and other hydrocarbons is between 1 and 3 parts per thousand less than the proportion found in the original organic matter from which those substances derived, Fletcher says.
The concentration of the heavier isotope, carbon-13, in some of the microdiamonds was around six parts per thousand lower than normal, says Whitehouse.
44]Ca, or the difference in parts per thousand between the 44 Ca /[sup.
Units range from $5000 for hand-held devices measuring gases in parts per thousand up to $100,000 for industrialsize lab units capable of measuring parts per million.