HARARE (CyHAN)- International campaign and civil society organization, Partnership Africa Canada (PAC), says that some US$ 2 billion worth of diamonds have been stolen from Zimbabwe.
What does PAC stand for?
PAC stands for Partnership Africa Canada
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PAC
We have 1063 other meanings of PAC in our Acronym Attic
- Parents of Adult Children
- Parish Activity Center (various locations)
- Park Avenue Club (Florham Park, NJ)
- Partenariat Afrique Canada (French: Partnership Africa Canada)
- Partial Anterior Circulation (stroke)
- Participant Advisory Committee
- Participating Associate Contractor
- Particle Accelerator Conference
- Particle Accelerator Control
- Partido Acción Ciudadana (Citizen Action Party, Costa Rica)
- Partnership Annual Conference
- Passive Acoustic Classification
- Password Access Code (Teltronics Vision PBX)
- Past Award Conference
- Patent Assistance Center (USPTO)
- Patient Advocacy Coalition
- Patient Airlift Center (USAF)
- Patients' Association of Canada (est. 2007)
- Patriot Advanced Capability
- Patriot Anti Capability
Samples in periodicals archive:
It shows that Zimbabwe, and those that bought these stones, were willfully in breach of a universally respected ban on Marange stones," Partnership Africa Canada, an independent Ottawa-based organization that helped establish the Kimberley Process, said.
The credibility and viability of the monitor, and the monitoring arrangement in Zimbabwe have been compromised," said Bernard Taylor, executive director of Partnership Africa Canada.
Contact: Helene Brassard 514-245-7131 poste 4461 CANADEM (Ottawa, Ontario) and Partnership Africa Canada (Ottawa).
PWS&D continues to work with others through this new coalition, and Mines Action Canada, the Canadian Council for International Co-operation, the Saskatchewan Council for International Cooperation, Partnership Africa Canada, Canadian Council for Refugees, Transfair Canada, Co-operation Canada Mozambique and the Inter-Agency Coalition on AIDS and Development.
Shawn Blore, a researcher with lobby group Partnership Africa Canada, expressed disappointment at the Kimberley Process (KP) chair's decision not to comment on the allegations.
Ian Smillie, from the NGO, Partnership Africa Canada, will explain how the newly established Diamond Development Initiative will help improve the lives of artisanal diggers.
The rights group Partnership Africa Canada (PAC) sent a mission to Venezuela in May and found that diamonds are still being mined and smuggled into legitimate markets with the knowledge of authorities, despite the suspension.