Both sequential data sets and members of partitioned data sets may be encrypted or decrypted.
What does PDS stand for?
PDS stands for Partitioned Data Set
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of PDS
We have 544 other meanings of PDS in our Acronym Attic
- Pallet Design System
- Panzer Dragoon Saga (role-playing video game)
- Parkinson's Disease Society (UK)
- Paroxysmal Depolarization Shift
- Partai Damai Sejahtera (Indonesian: Prosperous Peace Party)
- Partei des Demokratischen Sozialismus (German: Party of Democratic Socialism)
- Parti Démocratique Sénégalais (French: Senegalese Democratic Party)
- Partial Donor Scale
- Particularly Dangerous Situation (US NWS)
- Partido Democrático Social (Portuguese: Social Democratic Party; Brazil)
- Partito dei Democratici di Sinistra (Italian: Left Democratic Party)
- Passive Detection System
- Peabody Demonstration School (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Pendred Syndrome
- Performance Database Server
- Performance Development System
- Perimeter Defense System (gaming, RA2)
- Permanent Duty Station
- Persistent Developmental Stuttering
- Personal Data Sheet
Samples in periodicals archive:
Access to OS/390 Record Oriented Data Sets -- OS/390 developers will have access to partitioned data sets and sequential data sets, through a Visual SlickEdit graphical open dialog.
Using the member level security feature, DRM will block changes from being applied to members of a partitioned data set, unless specific authority has been granted.