Losses for most opposition parties In addition to the PSDB's losses, other opposition losses included the Democratas (DEM), which elected 278 mayors compared with 493 in 2008, and the Partido Popular Socialista (PPS), which elected 123 compared with 129 in 2008.
What does PPS stand for?
PPS stands for Partido Popular Socialista (Socialist People's Party - Brazil)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PPS
We have 644 other meanings of PPS in our Acronym Attic
- Para Para Sakura (movie)
- Parallel Port Standard (IEEE Std 1284-1994)
- Parallel Processing System
- Parents for Public Schools
- Parliamentary Private Secretary (UK)
- Parry Primary School (Singapore)
- Parti du Progrès et du Socialisme (French: Party of Progress and Socialism, Morocco)
- Partial Prefix Synchronizable
- Particles Per Set
- Partido Pais Solidario (Paraguay)
- Partnership for Public Service
- Path Protection Switching (Alcatel)
- Patient Placement Systems (Alpharetta, GA)
- Patient Positioning System (healthcare)
- Pawar Public School (India)
- Pay Per Sale
- Pay-Performance Sensitivity (finance)
- Payload Pointing System
- Payment by Phone Service
- Payment for Professional Services
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among those calling on Cavalcanti to step down was Denise Frossard, of the small Partido Popular Socialista (PPS), who said, "President Cavalcanti never had the abilities to be president, but he was elected and now we're paying a very high price.
9% of the votes, while former governor of Ceara Ciro Gomes of the Partido Popular Socialista (PPS) was fourth with 12%.