Sustainable management of this traffic flow is a major challenge in the Baltic Sea, which is designated as a Particularly Sensitive Sea Area by the International Maritime Organization [2,3].
What does PSSA stand for?
PSSA stands for Particularly Sensitive Sea Area
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PSSA
We have 129 other meanings of PSSA in our Acronym Attic
- Pure Sensory Stroke (medical)
- Perimeter Surveillance System-Closed Circuit Television
- Perceived Social Support from Family
- Performance Status Scale for Head and Neck Cancer
- Precision Strike Suite for Special Operations Forces
- Particle Size-Selective-Threshold Limit Value
- Private Network Signaling System 1
- Private Signalling System 1 (aka QSIG)
- Pseudomonas Syringae Pathovar Syringae 61 (protein)
- Parasternal Short Axis
- Pegasus Slowpitch Softball Association (Dallas, TX)
- Pennsylvania State Snowmobile Association
- Pennsylvania System of School Assessment
- Pennsylvania System of State Assessments
- Personnel Specialist Seaman Apprentice (USN Rating)
- Pharmaceutical Society of South Africa
- Pharmacy Systems Service Analyst
- Philosophy Society of South Africa
- Photographic Society of Southern Africa
- Phycological Society of Southern Africa
Samples in periodicals archive:
WWF Scotland's head of policy, Richard Dixon, said international shipping access should be denied in some areas, by designating them Particularly Sensitive Sea Areas.
Despite this and the experience of the Braer, governments have delayed taking the simple step of protecting these areas by designating them as Particularly Sensitive Sea Areas (PSSAs).