The second is a series of Participatory Poverty Assessments (PPAs), research that targets communities and vulnerable groups in an effort to provide more in-depth information on local perceptions of poverty and hardship--the difficulties faced, assistance received, and recommendations for improvement.
What does PPA stand for?
PPA stands for Participatory Poverty Assessment
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PPA
We have 538 other meanings of PPA in our Acronym Attic
- Protein Phosphatase 6 (human gene)
- Pacific Pilotage Authority (Canada)
- Pacific Planetarium Association
- Parallel Port Adaptor
- Paralysis Project of America (California)
- Parité de Pouvoir d'Achat (French: purchasing power parity)
- Parlamento del Pueblo Aymara (Spanish: Aymara People's Parliament)
- Parti du Peuple Algerien
- Partial Payment Arrangement
- Participating Provider Agreement (healthcare)
- Partners in Personal Assistance
- Partnership for Prescription Assistance
- Past Pupils' Association (various locations)
- Pastor's Personal Assistant
- Path Profile Analysis
- Patiño & Partners Abogados (Spain)
- Peasants Per Acre (gaming)
- Pedal Power Association (South Africa)
- Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts
Samples in periodicals archive:
Participatory poverty assessment studies in Uganda have shown that ownership of either a mobile phone or a fixed phone was reported by about 5% of households in the country.
The CPAs will involve institutional analyses, national surveys of living conditions and participatory poverty assessments.
Uganda's extensive 1998-2002 gender-aware Participatory Poverty Assessment Programme consulted the poor, including women, to ensure their voices would be integrated into the national planning process.