The meeting expressed the satisfaction that participatory irrigation management mechanism has helped to reduce the non-developmental expenditures as well as creating a sense of involvement and possession in the farming community.
What does PIM stand for?
PIM stands for Participatory Irrigation Management
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PIM
We have 248 other meanings of PIM in our Acronym Attic
- Planning for Integrated Land Use and Transportation (California)
- P2PE (Point-to-Point Encryption) Instruction Manual
- Pacem in Maribus (conference)
- Parallel Inference Machine
- Parallel Iterative Matching (algorithm)
- Parallel Iterative Methods
- Parallels Infrastructure Manager (software)
- Parameterized Ionosphere Model
- Parorrey Interactive Media
- Partial Inductance Matrix
Samples in periodicals archive:
Given the fact that water users are proud of their better performing farmer-managed irrigation systems in Nepal and many leader farmers from the different parts of country, foreign and Nepali students, policy-makers and national research professionals visit the systems every year with a view to learn about the participatory irrigation management (this is more so in Chhattis Mauja), water users are in no mood to spoil this image--a hard-won national and international recognition and esteem.
1998) Progress in Participatory Irrigation Management in Pakistan: A Report on Pilot Projects in Farmer Organisation at the Secondary Canal Level.