A PLOP is simply an optional form of payment that allows the employee to take a partial lump sum at retirement and begin receiving an actuarially reduced monthly benefit.
What does PLS stand for?
PLS stands for Partial Lump Sum
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of PLS
We have 296 other meanings of PLS in our Acronym Attic
- Penata Laksana Rumah Tangga (Indonesian: Organized Household Laksana; domestic workers)
- Programming Languages for Real-Time Industrial Applications (conference)
- Potato Leaf Roll Virus
- Periodic Loaded Rectangular Waveguide
- Pocono Lehigh Romance Writers (Pennsylvania)
- Pacific Language School (Tokyo, Japan)
- Pacific Laser Systems (San Rafael, CA)
- Pallet Live Storage
- Palletized Load System
- Partial Least Squares
- Party-List System
- Passionate Love Scale
- Payday Loan Store (various locations)
- Pediatra di Libera Scelta (Italian: Primary Care Pediatrician)
- Pediatric Life Support
- Peninsula Library System (San Mateo, CA)
- Pennsylvania Legal Services
- People's Law School (various organizations)
- Performance Learning Systems (various locations)
- Persian Lake States
Samples in periodicals archive:
A seller can also set up the note to receive a partial lump sum supplemented by the buyer's monthly loan payments.
While 94% of plan sponsors who offer a DB plan say those plans provide standard annuity distributions, today, 54% of plan sponsors offer a full lump sum distribution from a DB plan and 35% allow a partial lump sum distribution.