For the national parliament, Partai Demokrasi Indonesia Perjuangan (PDI-P, Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle, led by Megawati Sukarnoputri) won 34% of the vote; Golkar ("Functional Groups" party) 22%; Partai Kebangkitan Bangsa (PKB, National Awakening Party, linked to the moderate Islamic organization Nadhlatul Ulama headed by former President Abdurrahman Wahid) 13%; and the conservative Islamic Partai Persatuan Pembangunan (PPP, United Development Party, led by Hamzah Haz) 11%.
What does PDI stand for?
PDI stands for Partai Demokrasi Indonesia
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of PDI
We have 297 other meanings of PDI in our Acronym Attic
- Palm Desert High School (Palm Desert, CA)
- Palo Duro High School (Texas)
- Paris District High School (Paris, Ontario, Canada)
- Pemberton District High School (Australia)
- Philadelphia Department of Human Services (Pennsylvania)
- Payload Data Handling Unit
- Perth District Health Unit (Canada)
- Pimlico District Heating Undertaking (UK)
- Pace Downtown Index (economic index; Pace University; New York)
- Pacific Data Images
- Parti Démocratique Islamique (Islamic Democratic Party, Rwanda)
- Parti Démocratique pour l'Independence (French: Democratic and Independence Party, Morocco)
- Partia për Drejtësi dhe Integrim (Albanian: Party of Justice and Integration)
- Partnership Drugs Initiative
- Parts Distributors, Inc. (Ohio)
- Past Due Interest
- Path Defect Indicator
- Payload Data Interleaver
- Pedestrian Danger Index
- People of Destiny International (now Sovereign Grace Ministries)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Speaking in Sydney, Salim, a longtime minister under former President Suharto, predicted Partai Amanat Nasional led by Amien Rais, Partai Demokrasi Indonesia led by Megawati Sukarnoputri and Partai Kebangkitan Bangsa led by Abdurrahman Wahid will together corner a majority of votes in the June 7 elections.
One opposition party was the Partai Demokrasi Indonesia (PDI), whose most visible leader was Megawati Sukarnoputri, the daughter of President Sukarno.
For the national parliament, Partai Demokrasi Indonesia Perjuangan (PDI-P, Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle led by Megawati Soekarnoputri) won 34% of the vote; Golkar ("Functional Groups" party) 22%; Partai Kebangkitan Bangsa (PKB, National Awakening Party linked to the conservative Islamic organization Nadhlatul Ulama headed by former President Abdurrahman Wahid) 13%; and Partai Persatuan Pembangunan (PPP, United Development Party led by Hamzah Haz) 11%.