[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] The cervical nerve plexus is located at the posterior triangle of the neck that is formed by the cervical prevertebral fascia, the paravertebral muscles and the cervical vertebra (5).
What does PVM stand for?
PVM stands for Paravertebral Muscle (anatomy)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PVM
We have 73 other meanings of PVM in our Acronym Attic
- Publisher-Vendor-Library Relations
- Peripheral Vertical Launch System
- Pioneer Valley Life Sciences Institute (est. 2002; University of Massachusetts Amherst and Baystate Medical Center)
- Posterior Vein of the Left Ventricle
- Produkt-Variabilität im Gesamten Lebenszyklus
- Paged Virtual Memory
- Paikallisverkkomaksu (Finnish: Local Network Rate)
- Päivämäärä (Finnish: Date)
- Parallel Virtual Machine
- Parasitophorous Vacuole Membrane (biology)
- Particle Vision and Measurement (microscopy; Lasentec)
- Pass-Through Virtual Machine (Protocol)
- PathTrak Video Monitoring (software)
- Phase-Voltage Modulator
- Photo Violation Meter (parking meter)
- Photovoltaic Module
- Place Ville-Marie (Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
- Player Versus Monster (gaming)
- Pneumonia Virus of Mice
- Potato Virus M
Samples in periodicals archive:
Simple injection of ozone into the paravertebral muscles is quite effective as well.
His pain was further accompanied by paravertebral muscle spasms.
Tenderness was present over L4/5 and L5/S1 segments and the left lumbar paravertebral muscles.
This report presents two patients with hydatid cyst, diagnosed using ultrasonography and computed tomography, in whom the cysts were located between the right cervical paravertebral muscles and below the superficial muscles of the right temporal region.
Surface electromyography of the paravertebral muscles in patients with chronic low back pain.
The positive findings of physical examination were paravertebral muscle spasm in the lumbar region, restriction of lumbar range of motion in all planes, decreased touch sensation below L2, decreased proprioception and vibration senses bilaterally, absence of patella reflexes and decreased achilles reflex, and motor weakness.
At the end of the 9-month treatment period, the back and low back pain and other symptoms disappeared, and there was no tenderness in the thoracic and lumbar vertebrae and left paravertebral muscles.