To their surprise, they found cells producing BDNF in a part of the brain's hypothalamus called the paraventricular nucleus.
What does PVN stand for?
PVN stands for Paraventricular Nucleus
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PVN
We have 40 other meanings of PVN in our Acronym Attic
- Pressure Vessel Management System
- Price Vocabulary of the Medical Stores
- Plasmodium Vivax Merozoite Surface Protein 1
- Pancho Villa Motor-Tours
- Polyoma Virus Medium T (antigen)
- Pepper Veinal Mottle Virus
- Pedestrian Versus Motor Vehicle Collisions
- Potential Vorticity (Mass-Weighted)
- Partij Voor Meer Zelfstandigheid (Dutch: Party for More Independence; Netherlands)
- Parallel Voice Network
- Parking Violation Notice
- Parliamentary Vasudan Navy (Freespace game)
- People's Video Network
- Physicians Viewpoint Network (Texas)
- Positive Vision Network
- Private Virtual Networking
- Professional Videographers Network (Irvine, CA)
- Project Variation Notice
- Plenty Valley Netball Association (Australia)
- Pollination Variant Non-Astringent
Samples in periodicals archive:
Stress increases the production of a hormone called corticotrophin-releasing hormone (CRH) in certain cells in a region known as the paraventricular nucleus (PVN) in the hypothalamus.
1998) and also in the paraventricular nucleus (PVN) of depressed patients (Purba et al.
This behavior is elicited by exposure to mild stress and chemical stimulation of paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus at levels that are known to activate the HPA axis.
More importantly, spontaneous physical activity increased with paraventricular nucleus injections of orexin (dose-related) and decreased with orexin receptor antagonist.
Obesity on a High-fat diet: role of hypothalamic galanin in neurons of the anterior paraventricular nucleus projecting to the median eminence.
22) These effects are paralleled by deficits of NO at the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus (PVN) (23) In addition, it has also been reported that angiotensin is involved in the hypertensive mechanisms associated with the inhibition of NO.
The paraventricular nucleus (PVN) and other brain nuclei were micro-dissected, and the concentrations of aminergic neurotransmitters and their metabolites were measured using high-performance liquid chromatography with electrochemical detection.