Serum retinol was inversely associated with bone alkaline phosphatase, osteocalcin, and parathyroid hormone and was positively associated with bone density at the distal forearm, but urinary cadmium showed a negative association with bone density.
What does PTH stand for?
PTH stands for Parathyroid Hormone
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PTH
We have 86 other meanings of PTH in our Acronym Attic
- Preglomerular Tertiary Gustatory Nucleus
- Pekiti-Tirsia Global Organization (martial arts)
- Polskie Towarzystwo Ginekologii Onkologicznej (Polish: Polish Society of Gynecologic Oncology)
- Places to Go People to See
- Palomar Transit Grism Survey (physics)
- Post-Transcriptional Gene Silencing
- Primary Target
- Privilege Ticket-Granting Ticket (computing)
- Porcine Transmissible Gastroenteritis Virus
- Post-Transfusion Graft-Versus-Host Disease
- Partially Torn Hamstring (physiotherapy)
- Path (aviation)
- Peace through Health (Canada)
- Pedagogisch Technische Hogeschool (Netherlands Technical Teacher Training)
- Picture the Homeless (homeless rights organization; New York, NY)
- Pin Through Hole (printed circuit boards)
- Planet Tony Hawk (gaming website)
- Plated Through Hole (semiconductor manufacturing)
- Polskie Towarzystwo Historyczne (Polish: Polish Historical Society)
Samples in periodicals archive:
There were no strong or consistent associations between increased levels of calcium and parathyroid hormone and all-cause mortality in this population.
Washington, Dec 16 (ANI): A new research has found that there is no link between serum levels of vitamin D or parathyroid hormone and cardiovascular mortality.
A new study shows for the first time that older people with low levels of vitamin D and elevated levels of parathyroid hormone (PTH, a hormone that regulates blood calcium levels) are more likely to be depressed than those with normal levels.
Both low blood vitamin D levels and high parathyroid hormone levels can be treated with higher dietary intake of vitamin D or calcium and increased sunlight exposure.
The patents relate to the company's Parathyroid Hormone Nasal Spray for treatment of osteoporosis, No.
This was the impetus for researchers to measure vitamin D levels, parathyroid hormone and calcium in 204 women with early stage breast cancer, 279 with invasive breast cancer and 75 women with advanced breast cancer.
a private biopharmaceutical company focused on developing novel therapies for patients suffering from osteoporosis, and Nektar Therapeutics (Nasdaq: NKTR) have initiated a Phase 1 clinical trial of an inhaled powder formulation of Zelos' proprietary parathyroid hormone Ostabolin-C (cyclic PTH-(1-31)).